The Office environment of the Legal professional Typical has launched an independent investigation in an officer-involved shooting that led to the demise of a male.
The AG’s place of work in a news launch stated the officer-concerned capturing took location shortly prior to 6 p.m. in Tamuning by Hemlanis Professional Constructing,. in close proximity to the intersection of Maritime Corps Travel and Gov. Carlos Camacho Road.
A man shot through the incident was transported to Guam Memorial Healthcare facility, in which he was afterwards pronounced lifeless, the release stated.
An impartial investigative staff led by the AG’s business office is remaining formed in line with the recent announcement of the improvement of typical protocols encompassing legislation enforcement’s use of force resulting in demise or severe damage.
Investigators from the AG’s workplace ended up on scene Wednesday night time doing the job with GPD.
More details will be offered Thursday, the AG’s business mentioned.
The Guam Law enforcement Section was investigating an officer-involved shooting in Tamuning Wednesday afternoon, according to spokesman Sgt. Paul Tapao.
Soon just after the capturing was documented, a online video circulated on social media exhibiting a person with what appeared to be a police radio and a gun standing in excess of one more person in front of a white vehicle on Tun Josen Ferejan Road in Tamuning, off Marine Corps Push.
Later, targeted traffic was backed up as police converged on the scene. The wounded person was put in an ambulance.
At the very least 5 law enforcement motor vehicles were being parked in an entry road close to an apartment and alongside the key highway. Officers sealed the region off with criminal offense-scene tape as they photographed the spot and collected proof.
A team of individuals ended up talking with an officer in a parking good deal near the Omni Wellness Making.
Even though Tapao claimed law enforcement would problem a assertion about the shooting, at 8:30 p.m. he mentioned the division would not remark.
This was the seventh time due to the fact August 2020 that officers have fired their weapons, in accordance to Pacific Day by day News information.
- On May 27, on Dairy Road in Mangilao, officers investigating a stolen Dodge Challenger detained a auto and requested the occupants to get out of the auto. Instead, the driver revved the engine and drove towards the officer, who fired a shot.
- On May well 9, three police officers were being put on administrative depart after firing their weapons at a Jeep that rammed two marked patrol vehicles.
- A male was killed and a female was wounded on Nov. 3, 2020, when officers fired their weapons into a car or truck at an apartment intricate on Bonito Avenue in Tamuning. The officers, who were being investigating a complaint of a stolen cellphone, were positioned on administrative depart and later on cleared.
- In Oct 2020, an off-duty officer, Matias Lizama, was arrested right after he allegedly discharged his firearm all through an argument.
- On Aug. 30, 2020, officers shot at and wounded Johnson Naich immediately after he led law enforcement on a chase in Dededo.
This posting at first appeared on Pacific Day by day News: AG: Male dies in officer-included capturing, unbiased investigation ongoing